- Get Involved
Work Services comes under Cardinal’s Day Services umbrella, where people learn valuable job skills that are transferable to jobs in the community. Getting a job in the community is the ultimate goal for many, and once reached is a great point of pride. For others, Work Services is an end unto itself, a place to learn skills while earning a paycheck. Whatever the destination, each worker feels a sense of pride and ownership in their achievement.
Work Services‘ pre-vocational training assists with building the skills needed to be successful in a more independent, community setting. Skills includes:
- building focus and attention to tasks
- quality vs quantity of work produced
- interaction with supervisors, co-workers, and customers
- recognizing and understanding social cues
- responding to a supervisor’s request
- time management
- understanding and following social norms/procedures/rules
- and so much more!