- Get Involved
A Message from Cardinal Services CEO, Randy Hall
In order to protect the health and safety of the people we serve and our staff, Cardinal Services suspended the day services program and restricted visitors at all our locations effective March 18. Since that time, we have continually sought and followed the guidance of local, state and national authorities.
We commend our employees including our regular residential staff and day services staff who moved over to residential programs to help support individuals where needed. The people we support are so fortunate to have your assistance during these challenging times.
We regret that we have not been able to provide all of our usual services during this time. However, we have a Return to Work Plan in place, beginning Monday, May 18. It will be a slow, step by step re-opening and each new step will be carefully evaluated and considered before the next is taken. The safety of each person served, our staff and families will remain our chief concern. You can read the entire plan HERE.
If you have any questions about this information or the coronavirus in general, please contact us at https://cardinalservices.org/contact/.
Randy Hall, CEO
Cardinal COVID-19 Updates
- Cardinal Services – Return to Work Plan
- VIDEO message from Randy Hall:
- 3-10-20 Letter to Families
- 3-10-20 Public Comment
- 3-16-20 A message to our customers
- Information on Corona Virus for People with Disabilities
- Information on Corona Virus for People with Disabilities – Spanish
- The Summer Program for Head Start / Early Head Start will only provide for a four week session this year. The program will run from June 22 – July 17, and serve 43 children. For more information, contact email@example.com
- The waiver allowing WIC visits to occur virtually has been extended to June 30, 2020. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Warsaw WIC Office at 574.269.4456.
- GETTING INDIANA BACK ON TRACK PLAN
- DDRS Update on Vocational Rehabilitation 4-21-2020
- FSSA Update on Medicaid policy changes – 4-1-2020
Cardinal Services’ leadership is closely following the latest news and guidance provided by our community partners including:
- Indiana launches Be Well Crisis Helpline to support Hoosiers during COVID
- COVID Communication Cards for Hearing Impaired (FSSA)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH)
- IU Health
- Kosciusko County Health Department
- Marshall County Health Department
- Cass County Health Department
- Fulton County Health Department
- Free wi-fi access being offered by Comcast to people who are enrolled in free and reduced-price school lunch, housing assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, TANF, WIC, Head Start, LIHEAP, and other programs. This service can help people with work and school from home during the outbreak. More Information Here
- FACE MASKS – Cardinal is running low on face masks for our Direct Support Professionals. We are in need of sewing machines and volunteers who know how to sew. Please contact Vickie Lootens if you have a sewing machine you are willing to loan or donate, or if you can volunteer to sew masks. Contact Vickie Lootens at 574.371.1344 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- HEALTHY FAMILIES – needs baby items such as diapers, wipes, formula, thermometers, etc; and basic toiletries, including toilet paper
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- Older People & People with Chronic Diseases at Higher Risk
- What others can do to support Older Adults
- General questions from the public or health care provider inquiries about COVID-19 may be directed to the ISHA COVID-19 Call Center at the toll free number: 887-826-0011 (available 24/7) or email email@example.com
- Indiana State COVID-19 information homepage
- Lutheran Health Network has a 24-hour Information line at 260-435-5050 to help you determine next steps
- Lutheran Health Network COVID-19 page
- You can call the Parkview Physicians Group office for a free phone screening at 877-774-8632
- Parkview COVID-19 page
The CDC offers these videos to better understand COVID-19.